Menopause and postmenopause solutions
Ladies, it is good to know our body cycles and the transformation it will leads to when we aged. Many of us knows or briefly knows what is Menopause. Let’s us dive into the details of it and hope we can help you prepare and overcome the stages easily. Simply said, there are 3 stages of women cycles when we past our middle age-Perimenopause,Menopause and Postmenopause. So, when will female experience these stages?
First stage is called Perimenopause, it is estimated to be around 7-11 years before menopause. Most ladies will probably experience it on and average age of 32-45 years old. What happens during this stage? The hormones in our body fluctuates very radically. At times, you will experience menstrual cycles durations not consistent. Sometimes during menstrual cycle our ovaries will not ovulate or egg not released. When this happens, you will feel sleeping disorder, feeling warm or hot flashes, and vaginal dryness. These symptoms are similar to Menopause.
- Inconsistent Menstruation duration and cycle. You will experience fluctuations of menstrual flow, cycle durations and at times skipped. Further to that, the duration of fluctuations can be more than 7 days.
- Hot flashes and Sleeping Disorder. Due to the fact that body suddenly get warm during the night, it eventually disrupts your sleeping patterns. Many will tends to experience sleeping disorder if the hot flashes lasted longer than normal.
- Swing Moods. Pay good attention if you experience this. If not taken good care it might lead to depressions and disruption to your well being.
- Vaginal Health issues. Experience reduction of Estrogen during this period. Vaginal may lose its elasticity and at times feeling dryness and difficult to have sexual intercourse. Many will experience pain. Low estrogen may leads to urinary incontinence when there is vaginal infections.
- Increase in infertility. As ovulation is inconsistent, conceiving during this period is challenging. Many Female will have difficulties getting pregnant when their age around late 30s to early 40s.
- Bone density reduction. Lowering of Estrogen, it is inevitable to be exposed to risk of osteoporosis. When infected, bones density will be reduced and bones will get fragile and easily break.
- Bad Cholesterol levels. The effect of lower estrogen levels, Bad cholesterol(LDL) tends to rise. This may increase the risk of Heart Disease.
Please do take care of your body when you experience these symptoms and if it is unbearable, consult your family doctor immediately. Try to refrain from smoking and over dose of alcohol.
This is a stage where your menstrual cycles have halted for at least 12 months. Average age for women to experience this stage is around 52-53 years old. It will last around 7yr or more before entering to postmenopause stage.
- Hot flashes and Sleeping Disorder.
- Cold flashes. Feeling chill suddenly, for example cold feet and shiver after a hot flash attack.
- Vaginal Health issues. Vaginal dryness, unpleasant sexual experience, low libido, and urinary incontinence.
- Emotional changes. These may include mild depression, mood swings, and irritability.
- Weight gain and slowed metabolism.
- Hairs starts to thin
- Breast starts to sag
With the declining estrogen levels, it will disrupt your metabolism and might leads to weight gain during this period. During this period, our cholesterol level may not be as healthy as before and also our body tends to handle our carbohydrates intake differently.
Menopause and postmenopause solutions
Menopause Diet suggestions : Food that are high in Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium and Vitamins D,E and K. Example,
- Calcium food such as sesame seeds, celery and chia seeds. Diary products such as milk, cheese and yogurt. Nuts such as Almonds and vegetables such as collard greens, spinach and kale.
- Potassium Food. Bananas, oranges, cantaloupe, honeydew, apricots, grapefruit (some dried fruits, such as prunes, raisins, and dates, are also high in potassium
- Magnesium Food.Vegetables (peas, broccoli, cabbage, green beans, artichokes, asparagus, brussels sprouts). Seafood (salmon, mackerel, tuna)
- Vitamins D food. Foods fortified with vitamin D, like some dairy products, orange juice, soy milk, and cereals
- Vitamin K food. Vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage.
Post menopause period is said to be after the menopause period. Normally it is at least more than 12 months after the last menstrual cycle. Like menopause, post menopause can have similar symptoms but gradually fading away when entering post menopause stage. Many women felt energized during this transition and their overall well-being are improved. But, there are also some experiencing longer than expected symptoms of menopause entering into this stage. Some may experience as long as 8-10 years after menopause.
- Vaginal dryness or irritating feeling like itch.
- Vaginal discharged caused by drying and inflammation of the vaginal walls and in some cases it may have traces of blood.
- Urinary System problems. Risk of Urinary Track Infections
- Increase in Body weight
- Sleeping Disorder
- Weaken Heart system. Risk of having heart diseases.
- Lower Metabolism rates
As we aged further, many old age symptoms will arise. Healthy lifestyle coupled with good diet will enables us to live comfortably with lesser risks of major illnesses.
- Do not smoke
- Do not over consume Alcohol
- Balance Diet of Fruits, Vegetables, Whole-Grains and dairy products
- High-Quality protein
- Healthy fatty acids such as Omega-3 from fish or Supplements
- Do exercise regularly. Do not overexert. Stretching, yoga and brisk walking is good.
- Learning new skills when every possible. Keep your brain curious, it helps mentally,