Everybody wants to look younger and have healthy glowing skin, however, some of us are prone to breakouts or sensitive to products use in the beauty industries. Nevertheless, it’s never too late to find the suitable solution for each skin problem. Before you start any products or remedies, you need to understand what type of skin you have. After you have determined your skin type, you can then look for suitable methods to improve your skin, enhance your look and slow down aging process.
There are 5 types of skin, having normal, dry, oily, combination, and sensitive skin with each individual characteristic, will need specific skin care or product and treatments.
- Normal skin – feel elastic, minimize pores, supple and free from acne problems. Put a piece of tissue on the skin,there will not be any trace of oil
- Dry skin – feel flaky, tight and dry.When place a tissue on the skin, it will be clean
- Oily skin – feel oily, open pores, shiny and prone to acne problems. When tissue is place on the skin, the tissue will have traces of oil
- Combination skin – feel dry on cheeks but oily around nose and forehead
- Sensitive skin – feel tight, dry, prone to redness from irritation and inflammation
In order to achieve Clear glowing skin, we need to find solution to treat problems such as pimples, dark spots, dark eye circles, baggy eyes,pigmentation and age spots. If you have dry skin, you need to keep the skin hydrates and moisturize. If your skin is oily, you need to prevent face oil from clogging your pores. If your skin is combination, you need to use different methods for different areas.
Daily skin care routine is a must for all skin types in order to get the perfect skin you want. Using various chemical products can also harm your skin and cause more complicated problems. So, try using natural remedies for external care and consume more natural food in your diet. After a period, you will notice the healthy glow on your skin.
- Use cool water to wash your face twice daily.
- Use a suitable mild cleansing foam, avoid harsh rubbing.
- Scrub with a mixture of coconut oil and baking (1 tablespoon baking soda to 3 tbs coconut oil.) 3-4 times a week.
- Avoid using hot or warm water to wash your face
- Place a warm towel on your face for 1 min before washing as it can help to open pores and clean thoroughly.
- Never pop a pimple, if you do so more pimples will appear due to the inflammation in the dermis and epidermis.
- Pimple scar cannot be removed but pimple alone can be heal in 3-4 days.
- Use pimple cream or natural remedy such as Aloe Vera to treat the pimple.
- After washing the face, place fleshly cut Aloe Vera (remove the Aloe Vera skin, use the transparent gel only) on the pimple. Let it rest on the pimple for 3 mins or overnight.
- Exfoliate your skin at least 3 times per week.
- Doing so can help cleansing clogged pores, remove dead cells, impurities,blackheads and prevent breakouts.
- Use natural ingredients such as oats, homey, lentil powder, Bengal gram flour will help the skin to absorb serums and moisturizers to improve skin texture.
- Use a suitable toner after cleansing your face.
- Toner helps to restore the pH level of our skin hence repair, bind moisture and protect skin layers as it will tighten your pores.
- It helps to dry oily T-zone area and solve acne problem.
- Just put few drops of toner on your palm, gently tap it onto your face. Lightly press your palm over your cheek, forehead and chin for better absorption.
- Remove eyes make-up using cleansing oil and cotton pad.
- Gently press the soaked cotton pad on your eyes for 10 seconds and wipe off the mascara and eyeliner.
- Wipe off make up using make-up remover solution or wipes
- Use mild cleansing foam to wash off any excess make-up
- Rinse face with warm water and wash again using a facial brush gently.
- Use cool water to rinse well and tone your skin before you moisturize.
You may be tired after working or after every workout session, but you should never be lazy when come to cleaning your face. Keeping a strict skin care routine can help prevent skin problems and enhance your skin appearance. However, beauty glow from within and your diet play apart for healthy skin.
Eating right with five portions of vegetables and fruits daily will provide essentials vitamins and minerals for our skin.Take light meals and lots of water content fruits such as water melons,cucumbers, berries and citrus fruits. Avoid taking processed food, fast food,oily food and too salty or spicy food.
- Vegetables – green leafy vegetables, broccoli, beets, tomato and cucumber. Natural proteins – oily fish, chicken, lean meat, nuts, buckwheat, soya products and quinoa.
- Fruits – Avocados,pineapple, berries, water melon, kiwi and bananas
You may stay up late due to parenting, doing work or late partying, but it is important to put sleep a priority for the needs of your body and skin. When we sleep our body will rejuvenate and replenish the collagen and regenerate the blood flow to our skin. Your skin will maintain elasticity and toned, giving a natural glow and clarity with enough sleep.
You can improve collagen production, prevent dark spots or pigmentation, enhance complexion, delay aging process, brighten the skin and protect from UV rays. Blackcurrants, berries, sweet potatoes, papaya, kiwi, broccoli, grapes, guava and lemon are good source of Vit.C. It can also strengthen the skin capillaries for providing the nutrients into the skin cells and tissues.
Helps to improve heart rate, allow healthy blood circulation and oxygenated blood to the skin. You can be stress free when you exercise and hence help production of collagen. When you sweat, your pores open and cleanse naturally but avoid wearing makeup when exercise.
- Aloe Vera – Freeze Aloe Vera juice into small cubes and use these cubes to rub your face when you come in from the sun. After cleansing your face or before you apply make-up, your face will feel hydrate and smooth.
- Banana – Mash 1 banana, add milk or egg white to it and apply evenly on your face. Wash it off with cold water after 20 minutes. Your skin will feel moist and smooth to touch.
- Rose water – dab it on the face using a cotton ball after each wash. Add 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel to 1 tbs of rose water, mix in 2 vitamin E oil capsules to apply on face before you sleep. Your skin will look flawless and glows when you wake up the next day.
- Papaya – Mash papaya,add some lemon juice and apply on your face for 20 minutes. You can add egg white and honey to it too.
- Watermelon juice,coconut juice and cucumber juice – You can apply these juices on your face which has cooling properties and calm any inflammations or redness due to heat.
It cleanses your body, purify impurities, hydrates the body, eliminates toxins, removes excess dirt and oil and clear body waste. Drink 2 liter of water or you may include green tea and lemon water daily. Your immune system will improve, also will prevent dryness and wrinkles on your skin. Avoid sweetened tea, caffeine, sweetened coffee and carbonated drinks. You can also try freshly homemade juices, coconut water and unsweetened soya milk or infuse it with strawberries, lemon, mint and cucumber.
You can absorb vitamin D from the morning sun (7-9 am) but prevent your skin from expose from the strong UV rays after that. From 10 am onward you need to prepare your skin before you leave the house. Use a suitable sunscreen lotion with at least SPF 30 or more. Shade yourself with umbrella and avoid staying outdoor for long period of time. Over expose to harsh UV rays can cause skin damage or skin cancer.
You need to maintain balance PH level and healthy alkaline in your body. Due to excessive toxin and accumulated body waste, you skin will have problem with acne, pimples and dull complexion.Try detoxification for 2 weeks per month, having fruit and vegetable juice diet plan (2 fruits + 4 vegetables+ water only) It can cleanse your body system,improve functioning of your kidney, liver and colon. During detoxification, you must not consume sugar, salt, alcohol and deep-fried food. Avoid snaking on potato chips, pop corn or cookies instead have healthier snakes such as nuts,sunflower seeds, unsweetened apple chips or roasted peas.
If you try to change and strictly follow the above routines, your skin will change as well as your body health. Taking care of personal hygiene, prevent from sharing towels and washing your hands can prevent bacteria and fungi infection onto your skin. Do not wait, start now and experience healthy glowing skin naturally.