Vitamins deficiency will cause Skin Problems. Our body need vitamins to nourish and function, our body can absorb the essential vitamins through our daily food or supplement. Our skin needs some vitamins to repair, prevent and protect from harsh environment and inflammations. Most of these vitamins can be found in supplement and in a healthy daily diet. Vitamins are essential for our overall body functionality. Lacking of certain vitamins can cause many side effects, including dry skin.Taking skin supplements is a great way to get all the vitamins require for a healthier body and r nourish our skin with enough moisture for a healthier complexion.
You will notice your skin feel tight, flaky, dull, uncomfortable and looks unhealthy. There are many causes of dry skin, overall body deficiency in certain vitamin can lead to skin problems and early aging process.
Ageing – our sebum production decrease, moisture cannot be retained easily.
Lifestyle choices – if you are a long-term smoker, you are causing great harm to your skin. If you like to sun tan or stay under the sun for a long period, your skin is prone to dark spots and wrinkles.Late partying and excess alcohol intake will stress your skin too.
Environment – Staying out in cold weather without taking any protection for your skin will dry out. Taking hot shower and bath, using harsh soap, staying in chlorine pool for long period can also damage your skin.
Vitamins deficiency will cause Skin Problems
Deficiencies in Bs vitamins can cause dryness, eczema, dermatitis and itchy skin. Vitamin C and E are important to protect and prevent early aging symptoms.
What are the vitamins needed for dry skin?
- Vitamin E – It is a powerful antioxidant that is produced from sebum which is an oily substance and is very moistening. Furthermore, it can help to moisture the skin, smooth flaky and itchy skin. It can nourish your skin from within and if you apply it onto your skin it helps restore moisture, smoothen wrinkles and stretch marks too.
- Vitamin B5 – It can improve skin hydration, prevent water loss and helps to break down fats, protein and carbohydrates quickly for better absorption of nutrients. You can get plenty of this vitamin from avocado, whole grains and chicken or through supplement.
- Vitamin C – It is important for overall body and skin health. You can get plenty of vitamin C from citrus fruits, strawberries, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, brussels sprouts and all greens. It helps to repair body tissue, create collagen to keeps our skin firm and protect from free radical damage.
What are needed for Acne problem skin?
- Acne is a skin condition when the pores are blocked or clogged, causing problems such as blackheads and red pumps. Due to changes in hormone levels, excess oil gland, bacteria and more you will have acne. Deficiency in vitamin D will lead to these problems or worsen the condition.
- Vitamin D –can be found in fatty fish, sunlight, dairy and fortified breakfast cereals. Taking vitamin D supplements can improve acne condition as it can helps to fight against infections. Its anti-inflammatory property may help address the inflammatory symptoms of acne and treat recurrent acne that appears red and inflamed. If you’re lactose intolerant taking a vitamin D supplement is an essential in your daily life. It is a fat-soluble vitamin that can build up in our body system, so it is best taken with a meal. Topical application of vitamin D3 also help to get vitamin D levels up and prove to have fewer side effects than oral supplements.
Oily skin feel greasy, shiny and annoying as complexion looks dirty with enlarged pores. Oily skin make you feel unappealing,causing depression and low self-esteem especially among young girls. The overproduction of sebaceous glands in the skin from hormonal imbalance or unhealthy diet will lead to oily looking skin.
It helps to deal with oily skin, age spots, pigmentation and other skin problems. Consume foods that are rich in vitamin B2 such as egg yolk, yeast, organ meat, wheat germ, tomatoes, leafy green veggies, melons, black beans, nuts, and whole rice. These will help in-balancing secretion of oil glands. Keep these foods in a dark place because light may destroy this vitamin.
It is called niacin and is widely used as an anti-aging cosmetic property. In addition, the powerful antioxidant used to fight against acne, protects the skin from heat and removes all the damaging free radical molecules created by the environment. Your skin will be healthier, stronger and better hydrated.If enough usage, your skin will be less sensitive, and it is also recommended for Rosacea treatment.
It will help you balance your skin’s secretion of oil glands as it can reduce skin pores and prevent excess sebum from your skin. If your pores are large, your skin will get clogged by dead skin cells and bacteria. Leading to skin problems such as acne and blackhead.
It helps protect the skin and control oily skin due to its antioxidant properties. Due to its water-soluble property, our body can absorb more of it requires. It’s can help with treating acne, prevent the production of excessive sebum. You may include some of these food into your diet, eggs, fish, spinach, carrot, legumes and flax oil.
It helps to manage the skins pigment, darkening of skin, maintain youthful complexion. It is use in healing damaged skin, controlled oil and maintaining skin tone. Your skin will feel smooth and fine lines and wrinkles will become less noticeable. Food rich in B12 are, liver, cheese, eggs, fish, shellfish,muscle meat and meat.
It can fade away scars as well as dark spots caused by acne by enhancing tissue repair. The scar will fade gradually in 3 months’ time. Due to its fat-soluble property,our skin can absorb it easily and hence helps to neutralize free radicals,controlled oil production, enhance production of collagen and elastin.
It is essential to maintain, repair and strengthen the protective tissue of your skin. There are 5 major compounds and are referred to vitamin A (4 pro-vitamins called carotene and retinol). Carotene are obtained from the plant sources while retinol can be found in animals. It is helpful for reducing oil production as well as rejuvenating the skin. However, it may be suitable for oily skin or as a treatment for acne,but it can cause discomfort for sensitive skin. Vitamins deficiency will cause Skin Problems.
Food rich in Vitamin A are milk, cereal and egg. It can be found in anti-aging products as it helps to build collagen and elastin that can reduce wrinkles and fine lines. However, Vitamin A creams are not to be used during pregnancy and during nursing period.
It helps to reduce the appearance imperfections such as spider veins, stretch marks, dark circles, scars and bruises. You may include these foods in your daily diet:kale, milk, liver and cabbage. Use a vitamin K cream daily can lightened dark circles in 3-4 months’time. You may try cream that contain retinol and vitamin K as well because retinol will enhance K’s ability to penetrate into your skin and fade away dark pigmentation.